Kerbside & Co. “Lot 79R” Japanese Selvedge Jeans (Regular cut)
A utility jean in a regular but tailored fit. The Kerbside & Co. Lot 79R are made of a raw and unwashed 15.7oz. deadstock orange line sanforized selvedge denim from Okayama Mills in Japan.
Slightly stiff and flat on the hand, the weave makes the material feel heavy with an apparent uneveness in the fabric. With the warp dyed deep indigo and a natural weft, dark with less contrasting fades are what the future holds for these.
A medium rise and cut with some room at the thighs and seat but sit perfectly tight on the waist. Drops straight along the legs with a tiny bit of tapering towards the bottom; Looks vintage but sharp. Refined is obviously a common theme here as the stiffness of the fabric also keeps these from slacking.
Front pockets are diagonal cut and shallow with a half-diamond detail stitching, reminiscent of those from carpenter jeans, albeit more sophisticated. With details such as hidden back pocket rivets, vegetable tanned leather patch, raised belt loops and back pocket openings, two-tone orange and yellow stitching, back pocket hidden arcuate, and a peek-a-boo selvedge coin pocket, these are definitely a cut above the average worker pant.
• Regular Cut with slight taper.
• 15.7oz orange line selvedge.
• Deadstock fabric from Okayama Mills, Japan.
• Indigo Warp x Natural Weft.
• Diagonal cut front pockets.
• 2-tone orange and yellow stitching.
• Vegetable tanned leather patch.
• Raised belt loops & back pocket opening.
• Hidded back pocket rivets.
• Hidden arcuate on back pocket.
• Peek-a-boo selvedge coin pocket.
• Flatt-felled seams
• Ponch is 5’7” and 150lbs wearing a size 30.
• Nicolai is 5’9” and 165lbs wearing a size 32.
• True to size, pick based on waist measurement.
• Minimal shrinkage, about 3% after cold soak.
• Please see measurements below and compare to your favorite jeans for more reliable sizing.