TCB’s take on the iconic 1966 Levis 501, round and spacious at the hips, high-mid rise, regular cut with a very slight taper towards the hem.
Utilizing vintage sewing machines and a 13oz. fabric that is light but pure blue in hue with strong characters of unevenness and fuzz, they are very reminiscent of vintage Levis.
Made with cotton from San Joaquin Valley, a vast farmland in central California; A cotton with extra-long fibers grown using thaw water from the surrounding mountain range.
The raw and unsanforized version will shrink upon washing. Measurements of both washed and unwashed versions are available below.
Roping at the leg opening and puckering and bunching at the yoke are evident even just after the first soak. After a couple of washes, the fabric also becomes very soft and comfortable with a nice pure blue hue and a hairy and slightly uneven texture.
Iron buttons that will rust over time and a hand processed paper patch that will darken as it ages are just some of the character and details that will grow with these jeans over time and use.
* Second half of the photo set are of the washed version. Notice the puckering, roping, the deeper blue hue, and more apparent slub and nep.
• Nicolai at 5’10” and 170lbs wearing a size 33 washed
• Generally true to size after washing.
• Raw shrinks about one size down, minimal shrinkage for the washed version
• Consider your true waist size.
• Both raw and washed size charts below
Raw shrinkage after soak:
Waist: 2-3% ~ 1cm
Hips: 2% ~ 1cm
Rise: 3% ~1cm
Thigh: 3% ~1cm
Knee: 4% ~1cm
Leg opening: 4% ~1cm
Length: 8-10% ~10cm